I came back from Aus at the end of feb and as you can see from my last post I was a little fleshy. I wanted to get straight back into training and in the past the temptation is to start really hard. Along side this I wanted to go really low on carbs immediately. I had a chat with some of the guys and the general feedback I got was to start slow which has turned out to be a really good Idea because it has been much easier to maintain this way.
So the first week I made as simple as I could. here’s how my training week looked.
- Monday- chest and upper back
- Tuesday- Shoulders
- Wednesday- rest day.
- Thursday- legs
- Friday- Arms.
And here’s an idea of what a session looked like.
Here was one of my chest and back workouts.
- A1- BB bench 8 reps 4 sets 60s rest
- A2- Chin ups 8reps 4 sets, 60s rest
- B1- Incline press- 10 reps, 4 sets 0s rest
- B2- 1 armed row- 10reps, 4 sets, 90s rest
- C1- flat db fly- 12 reps, 3 sets, 45s rest
- c2- low cable row- 12 reps, 3 sets, 45s rest
I followed this structure for around 3 weeks changing the rest and upping the weight where necessary to make it harder and keep me progressing over the weeks. Theres nothing fancy about the structure but it did the job of getting me back in the swing of things.
Keep and eye on the following post guys il take you through all the changes I made over the months. The next one from me is talking about nutrition.